Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Obama "95% Cured" of Tobacco Addiction

President Obama said today he's "95% cured" of tobacco addiction, but admits to falling off the wagon on occasion.

"I've said before that as a former smoker I constantly struggle with it," the president said at a press conference. "Have I fallen off the wagon sometimes? Yes. Am I a daily smoker, a constant smoker? No." "I would say that I am 95 percent cured, but there are times where, there are times where I mess up," he added.

The president, who this week signed legislation into law giving the Food and Drug Administration the power to regulate tobacco products, said that he does not smoke in front of his kids or the rest of his family, and compared his situation to that of a recovering alcoholic.

"I don't know what to tell you, other than the fact that, you know, like folks who go to A.A., you know, once you've gone down this path, then, you know, it's something you continually struggle with, which is precisely why the legislation we signed was so important, because what we don't want is kids going down that path in the first place," he said.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment